More Interesting Links
Other Tour OptionsNifty Rent a Car
Great value car rentals in Hervey Bay.
Shayla Whale Watching Hervey Bay
Shayla is a 10.5m by 6.3m 'Seawind 1050 Resort' purpose-built sailing catamaran, with a wide stable deck and a covered seating area for 30 passengers. Though primarily a sailing boat, Shayla is equipped with two quiet, low emission 20hp Honda 4 stroke engines for those really calm days.
On the bow there are trampolines - perfect for lazing about, whilst the more adventurous can climb/jump/dive into the boom net off the back for some extreme fun.
Shayla is fully licensed and equipped with a galley, household toilets and even a BBQ on the back deck. Shayla is well appointed with everything you need to sail in comfort and style.
Departing the harbour at 8.00am and returning at 4.00pm, you enjoy a full day sailing into stunning Platypus Bay alongside the World Heritage listed, Fraser Island.
With exclusive numbers (max. 25) on Shayla you will experience spacious and comfortable viewing from our stable covered deck.
Informative talks on whales are given by the skipper.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided and we are fully licensed. Other refreshments, food and merchandise are available.
Cruises available 7 days a week during whale season (July - early November), weather permitting.
Shayla's Whale Watch Experience includes:
- Departs 8.00am Returns 4.00pm
- Maximum 25 passengers, personalised services, no crowding.
- Shayla endeavors to cruise under sail as much as possible
- Experienced commentary.
- On board music to set the mood throughout the day
- Shayla is licensed, so you can celebrate an awesome day in style
- 'Shayla' merchandise available
- Add to the whales experience through the tranquility and style of sailing Aboard 'Shayla' you are the closest to the whales of all operators, due to the boats design in relation to waterline.
- 'Shayla's' stability and open plan design will help reduce the effects of sea sickness on those rougher days.
WHAT YOU GET
- Full day adventure sailing
- Morning tea, Lunch & Afternoon tea
- Licensed bar
- Courtesy bus service from the local area.
Family (2+2) $310